Beyond Fashion At Club Monaco Market
Club Monaco Market
Club Monaco (CM) is a mid-priced, high-end casual clothing retailer with locations worldwide. Founded in 1985, it was originally known for its classic black and white styles but it has since repositioned itself as an international lifestyle brand.
However, the challenge lies in ensuring the change is equally conveyed in all markets. In Hong Kong, where consumers are bombarded with excitement every day, making that impactful statement is an even bigger challenge.
The consumer team wanted to create an experience that was:
- Unique but true to the brand
- Interactive for current and potential customers to experience their products and brand offering
- Amplifiable across social media channels
The result of that was Club Monaco Market – a sophisticated market concept in ifc mall, a high-end luxury mall with high foot traffic, to promote the CM lifestyle. The area included a flower stand, a book corner with rare collections, a personalized calligraphy station, freshly brewed coffee from a coffee bike, freshly baked goods, live music and a fashion presentation. This creative concept utilized CM’s Culture Club that consists of five pillars namely Fashion, Art, Music, Food and Travel.
Apart from an in-person experience at the Market, guests were encouraged to share their experience online to earn ‘social currency’: each social post with the event hastag #CMMarket would get a specially designed bookmark that could be exchanged for an item of their choosing at the market. The bookmark also gave guests an additional 10% duscount should they shop at ifc’s CM that weekend.
Here are the results:
- 85% more VIP guests attended the cocktail event than expected
- 25% more public attendees turned up over the weekend than expected
- Over 1000+ posts on Instagram on #CMMarket
- Increased daily net sales +80% during the two-day event vs. last week
That was how the public got to successfully experience the Club Monaco lifestyle.